I made this recipe from Eating Well magazine a while back and really enjoyed it. The chipotle chiles make it a little hot but I love spicy. The 1 1/2 cup serving is very filling. I was excited to find this same recipe scaled down for just two people. Rylan pretty much NEVER eats what I eat and it’s just me so unfortunately, I sometimes end up wasting good food (and money).
Whisk olive oil, vinegar, cumin, salt, and chipotle peppers.
Into the same bowl, add remaining ingredients. Serve room temperature or refrigerated.
Zesty Shrimp & Black Bean Salad For Two (Source: Eating Well magazine)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced chipotle chile in adobo (see Tips), or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces peeled and deveined cooked shrimp (see Tips), cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup canned black bean, rinsed (from a 15-ounce can)
- 1/2 cup quartered yellow or orange cherry tomatoes
- 1 small poblano pepper or bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Whisk vinegar, oil, chipotle, cumin and salt in a medium bowl.
Add shrimp, beans, tomatoes, poblano (or bell pepper), scallions and cilantro; toss to coat.
Serve room temperature or cold.
Nutritional Information: (for one 1.5 cup serving)
Fat: 12 grams
Carbohydrates: 20 grams
Fiber: 6 grams
Protein: 21 grams
Sugar: 0 grams
Weight Watchers Points Plus Value for 1 1/2 cup serving=7 points plus per serving